Welcome to Plotgraphs.com - The Online Graphing and Plotting Tool
We try to provide you with an enhanced experience towards graph plotting using modern technologies combined with an innovative WYSIWYG formula editor. Our user interface should be really intuitive and self-explaining. However, below you find a detailed description to get the best out of our online graphing tool.
How to make an 2D plot - Instructions:
The Basics: It has never been that easy to plot graphs online
. Just press edit
and a prompt for entering the expression you want to plot will appear. Enter your function and press plot
. Here you go! The plot of your graph shows up immediately. To plot an additional graph
and then repeat the steps from above. The new graph will be added to your existing plot. If you want to remove a graph from your plot just press -
to delete it. Each new graph will be drawn in a new color. The colors are chosen automatically at the moment. In future we will allow you also to set a specific style for each of your particular plots.
Plot parametric functions:
- In the promt you can also choose to plot a parameric function `x(s)=s, y(s)=s^2` by clicking 'Parametric function' right at the top of the prompt. Important: The parameter has to be called 's'.
- Fine tuning: You have various possibilities to improve your result. In Axis properties you can set the X-range and the Y-range for your plot. Furthermore you can choose a logarithmic scale here and activate or deactivate grid lines. In General properties you can set the height and width of your plot in pixels. Furthermore you can set a custom title for your plot.
How to define general graph properties
- You can define the type of your graph (e.g. curve, points, bars etc.). Just click on "Graph Properties" and the available options will show up to you.
Handsome export feature for your Plots:
- You can export your plots using the export section at the top of the page. At the moment the formats PDF, SVG, PNG and JPG are available.
- The export feature is available for both 2d and 3d graphs
How to create 3-Dimensional Plots:
Yes, you can plot 3D functions here in a very comfortable and easy way. To get started choose '3D Plot
' in the main menu. A demo plot will appear at once. You now have two possibilities to enter the function you want to plot:
- 3D Graphs of implicit function definitions: If you want to plot an implicit function of the variables x, y and z you may enter it like follows: `z=x+y` or `3=x^2+y^2+z^2 ` or `z=1`. The position of the equal sign does not matter.
- 3D Plots of Explicit function: You can enter the function you want to plot also explicit as `f(x,y)=x^2+y^2`. Important: In that case the expression you have to enter in the formula editor is only `x^2+y^2`
- Note:There will be the same input for explicit and implicit functions. Implicit functions are detected automatically by the equal sign
- Axis range: It is possible to set the axis range of your 3D plot independently for the x-, y- and z-axis.
- Rotate the plot: You can change the angles under which your plot is seen using the buttons provided next to the input for the axis range.
- Export:To export your 3D plot you can proceed as described above.
My plot is empty and does not contain any graphs - what did I do wrong?
Don't panik and check the syntax of your input. Most probably you made some inconsitent input like `z=^+`. If predefined functions are multiplied an explicit dot is needed in between like `cos(x)*sin(x)` and not `cos(x)sin(x)`.
You can use this page to calculate derivatives of basic functions. The feature is still experimental but is steadily improved. To derive a function just enter it using our formula editor. By clicking the f'(x) - Button
next to the edit button the function will be derived and the derivative will also be plotted in the same coordinate frame as the original input. Please let us know in case you encounter any problems with this brandnew feature.
The terms of service
This service is available for free in the hope that it will be useful. It can be used by everybody to plot his graphs online. The plots can be exported on downloaded free of charge. Plots created by this service can be redistributed. However, there is no warrenty of any kind for the service provided by this website. Furthermore there is no warrenty for the correctness of the plots which are produced.
If you have any further questions or suggestions feel free to contact email@example.com !
© 2014 www.plotgraphs.com | About